As the weather gets cooler, you may find yourself getting stir crazy indoors. So, stock your library with some great books to keep you entertained!
Lauren Rogers is a Cook Dealer in La Vergne, TN. She loves to work out and then relax with her 3 dogs and a good book. Though she has many favorites, here are her top 10 books recommended for your winter hibernation:
Best Ever Casseroles by Gooseberry Patch. (help for holiday cooking!)
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
The Encyclopedia of Animals (children’s book) by David Alderton
A Lotus Grows in the Mud by Goldie Hawn (she owns and loves this one, even the audio book is great!)
The Backyard Homestead Book of Building by Spike Carlsen
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (one of her favorite kid's classic)
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Choice (one of her favorite love stories) by Nicholas Sparks
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
Next on her list to read: Smart Blonde: Dolly Parton: A Biography by Stephen Miller.
There are options for you to add electricity and insulation to your shed. With a little TLC you can make your space fit your personality and style.
Essentials for your reading nook:
- Comfortable chair -- This can also help you add a pop of color to the room. So choose something bright and vibrant.
- Overhead lighting -- Remember to let the professionals take care of your electricity needs. Before you call, plan out where you need your electrical outlets and the type of lighting or equipment you’ll be using in your shed. This will help your electrician understand exactly what you need.
- Bookcase -- You can sometimes find these at a good price at yard sales or discount stores. You can always dress them up with a fresh coat of paint or even stenciling fun designs on the side.
- Blanket and cup of coffee (or hot chocolate) -- there’s nothing better than curling up with a great book, and staying cozy as you read.
- Decorate -- Make it a space you can relax, reflect and read your favorite novel. Here are some great ideas for decorating the inside of your shed!
Having your favorite reading spot in your shed will help you feel like you’re not staying inside your house ALL the time. Enjoy your winter hibernation and let us know if you have any books our shed dealer in La Vergne should add to her list. Follow us on Facebook now!
Thinking of going even further and making your shed into a tiny home? Download our free guide below!