Fall is a great time to do some cleaning inside your house. With the weather getting colder and the holiday season coming up, you will most likely be doing more entertaining inside your home. You could do a deep cleaning of everything or focus on the rooms that are most likely to host guests.
Since you will be spending more time inside, shouldn’t your home be comfortable and organized? A great way to get organized is with a Cook Portable Warehouse. With the extra space for your stuff, you will be ready for the challenges of the winter season.
Here is a checklist of 10 things to do around your house this fall from Cook!
- Take everything out of our kitchen cabinets, give them a complete cleaning and replace the linings/contact paper. Then, organize your cabinets including spices, utilities bakeware and cookware. Then, you’ll have everything ready to go when family and friends come over!
- Wash your kitchen appliances including the oven, refrigerator, freezer and clear off countertops except for items that you use on a daily basis. Then, you will have more room to cook! Move your refrigerator (with help!) and vacuum the condenser coils.
- Clean your hardwood floors, vacuum the carpets, and wash your walls. Also, vacuum all upholstered furniture, window treatments, drapes and wipe down all ceiling-mounted lighting fixtures. Move furniture to vacuum underneath and don’t forget the corners!
- Check larger appliances, including the humidifier, furnace and cover your air conditioning unit to protect it from winter weather. You should replace your furnace filter every 3 months.
- Inspect your chimney for safety and have it cleaned and swept if necessary. Also, test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace the batteries or entire units if needed.
- Check your washing machine hoses for cracks or splits and replace them every 2 years. Also, check the dryer exhaust tube and vent for lint or debris.
- Turn over your mattresses and wash all summer bedding to store. Then, replace on beds you’re your heavier winter comforters and blankets.
- Completely clean windows including in between the sills. Use glass cleaner or a mixture of dishwashing liquid and water and a damp microfiber cloth to wipe windows down. Then, use another cloth to dry. Cloudy days are easier to see potential streaks.
- Clean your computer including dusting the screen and keyboard, cleaning the monitor and removing dirt and debris from in between the keys.
- Go through closets, your basement and attic and organize by putting things you might need this winter in the front and your summer things closer to the back.
While you are taking a proactive approach to fall cleaning and organization, consider adding a Cook portable shed to your backyard for all those things you want to hold on to! Check out our location guide to find the best possible placement for your new building!