It’s not easy to stay up-to-date with the newest trends in home ownership during days busy with work and family responsibilities.
But it’s also important to keep your home looking its best. That’s why we discuss cleaning and organizing your home, garage and shed so much on our Cook blog!
So here are 7 of the biggest current trends in home design and customization!
- Painting or even changing the hardware on your home’s front door is an easy and relatively low cost way to spruce your place up. Your front door should be an inviting entrance to the rest of your house.
- The garage is often an area that gets overlooked or becomes the place where everything that doesn’t have a place ends up. But by putting some minor effort into the space by installing vertical cabinets and shelves, you can make it a more usable space. And this will make it easier to clean by keeping things off the floor.
- When entertaining, everyone tends to congregate in the kitchen space. So make yours as open as possible with skinny bar stools instead of bigger, clunky chairs. A rolling bar cart is a great investment to hold drinks, ice and appetizers and help move people into other living spaces.
- With warmer weather, it’s time to make use of your outdoor entertaining space, deck or patio. There is nothing more relaxing than grilling out some delicious food, opening an ice cold drink and enjoying some good company. Devote some time to making sure your backyard is looking good by mowing the lawn and cleaning up furniture. Invest in an outdoor table that can withstand the elements and won’t split, chip or peel.
- A quick way to freshen up your home is to focus on smaller spaces that can be revived for a low cost and just a little elbow grease. In your bathroom, you can change out the hardware or add different design elements or colors with new accessories. Or bring a closet on trend with a pop of color on the shelves, keeping the rest a neutral shade.
- If you have a spare room or are looking to covert a space into something else and you are an avid reader, think about a library. Relaxing and reading in a comfortable chair is the perfect way to end a stressful day!
- In our more than 30 years of business, we have never heard a homeowner complain about having too much space. So one of the biggest trends is people adding a Cook storage shed to their backyard. Having that extra room without undergoing a costly renovation is essential for families of any size.
To learn more about how a Cook Portable Warehouse could fit perfectly into your existing backyard, download our FREE Fitting Guide by clicking below!