Cleaning is something that no one enjoys but is just one of those parts of life. Especially during spring (when the weather finally warms up) keeping your home sparking clean can really take up valuable time.
Time is a valuable commodity for everyone. At Cook, we understand that your time is valuable so we won’t waste it. We want to help you find the right size building with the right features that fits your needs.
If you are having problems finding the time or the motivation to get cleaning, here are 10 helpful cleaning hacks to streamline the process.
- Wash away hard water spots and stains with a lemon. Cut it in half and rub the lemon on chrome kitchen and bathroom fixtures. The citric acid in lemons helps get rid of stains and rust.
- The microwave is one of the most used and hardest to clean appliances in your home. Streamline the process by filling a microwavable bowl with water and lemon slices and bringing it to a boil. The steam will loosen up all the dirt and dried on food, making it easy to wipe away.
- Instead of tossing that dirty shower curtain liner, wash it. Just add a half cup of baking soda with the detergent, a half cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle and then air dry.
- Clean up pet fur from furniture by putting on wet rubber gloves and rubbing them over surfaces. The loose hair will stick to your gloves and come off most upholstery.
- Your dishwasher can be used for more than just plates and silverware. It can sanitize and shine up anything that won’t melt at high temperatures. So think about throwing those stinky tennis shoes in there!
- Use dryer sheets to dust surfaces that can be hard to reach like window treatments, molding and fan blades. The sheets will capture the dust and the chemicals will help repel dust in the future.
- To save time scrubbing the inside of your refrigerator, put down plastic wrap on shelves. So when a mess happens you can just toss the sheet and add another.
- Surfaces are the place where dirt, dust and grime tend to collect. For those top shelves and other unseen areas, put wax paper on surfaces. Then, just remove the sheet and replace it with a new one instead of spending the day dusting.
- Drop two tablets of Alka-Seltzer in your toilet bowl and leave it. Then, just use your toilet brush to scrub away any remaining dirt.
- If your home doesn’t have a dishwasher or for those pots and pans that aren’t dishwasher safe, make hand washing them easy. Fill your sink with warm soapy water and move pots, pans and dishes over to soak while your family is eating dinner.
One extra tip- simplify your life and have a place for everything that is cluttering up your home with a Cook Portable Warehouse. Our buildings will keep your stuff clean, dry and secure! Learn more by downloading our Dare to Compare Checklist below!